This Berry-licious torte is easy to make, and relatively speaking, good for you. Vegan, gluten-free, and full of anthocyanins from the raw cacao and blackberries (flavanoids that protect our cells from damage), healthy fats from the nuts (cashews and almonds), heart-healthy hemp, and is low-glycemic sweetened with coconut nectar. If you make these for your sweetheart, know you are doing them a favor by nourishing them with healthy plant-based nutrients. Think of it as a present for their true heart...the one that benefits most from such yumminess.
We made the ganache with a hint of cardamom, finished with Jems Coconut Cardamom Almond Spread and Sante Coconut Cardamom Cashews - overboard YUM! Want to add some hemp nutrients and protein? Add ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Vanilla protein powder to mix and sprinkle Hemp Hearts on top!
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup Big Tree Farms coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or cream part separated from liquid)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ c blackberries (or berry of your choice)
- 1 cup raw cacao
- ¼ cup coconut cream (separated from liquid of coconut milk)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Big Tree Farms coconut nectar
- vanilla, dash salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Begin by making the crust. In a food processor, process the dry ingredients until a fine crumb is achieved. Add the coconut oil and nectar and process again until it comes together and becomes sticky. If you pinch the mixture it should hold together.
- Use a spring-form pan or place parchment paper into a 8″x 8″ square baking dish, letting it hang over the sides a few inches so you can lift it out later. Press nut mixture into the bottom in an even layer. Put it the freezer to chill.
- In a blender, put all filling ingredients. Blend 1-3 minutes until completely creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Add a little water if needed to make it totally smooth. Pour over crust and freeze.
- Melt coconut oil and whisk in cacao powder first followed by other ingredients. Spread over chilled or frozen filling/crust.
- Freeze for at least an hour; let warm a little bit at room temperature and serve to your loved one!
We'd love to hear how YOUR recipe turned out and how you may have "tweaked" it to your liking!!