These gluten free and dairy free brownies look amazing- especially when you add some goodness from Big Tree Farms! Original recipe from here.
For the brownie
For the frosting
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 1- inch cake pan and line with baking paper. Set aside
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and cacao in a large bowl. Add beets, honey, vanilla, coconut oil, milk and egg yolks. Stir until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until forming stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into other mixture.
4. Pour into cake pan, distributing evenly and bake for 45 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. For the frosting, melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted remove from heat and whisk in coconut cream and maple syrup. Place in fridge for half hour to cool.