Many say this is the most delicious satay you will ever encounter. The delicate flavors of the shrimp and fish are greatly improved if you can find spears of fresh lemongrass to use as skewers, and if you can cook them over a fire of coconut husks rather than charcoal. Nonetheless, even with wooden skewers and a standard charcoal grill, you will have people coming back more.
- 1/1/3 lb skinned boneless snapper fillet
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut or
- 1½ cups moistened desiccated coconut
- ½ cup seafood spice paste
- 5 fragrant lime leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, finely crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-5 bird's eye chilies, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- Lemon grass or satay skewers
- Mince fish fillet very finely in a food processor or with a chopper.
- Add all other ingredients & mix well.
- Mould a heaped tablespoon full of this mixture around a wooden skewer or over trimmed stalks of lemon grass and grill over charcoal until golden brown.
Leave a comment