This Berry-licious torte is easy to make, and relatively speaking, good for you. Vegan, gluten-free, and full of anthocyanins from the raw cacao and blackberries (flavanoids that protect our cells from damage), healthy fats from the nuts (cashews and almonds), heart-healthy hemp, and is low-glycemic sweetened with coconut nectar. If you make these for your sweetheart, know you are doing them a favor by nourishing them with healthy plant-based nutrients. Think of it as a present for their true heart...the one that benefits most from such yumminess.
We made the ganache with a hint of cardamom, finished with Jems Coconut Cardamom Almond Spread and Sante Coconut Cardamom Cashews - overboard YUM! Want to add some hemp nutrients and protein? Add ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Vanilla protein powder to mix and sprinkle Hemp Hearts on top!
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup Big Tree Farms coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or cream part separated from liquid)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ c blackberries (or berry of your choice)
- 1 cup raw cacao
- ¼ cup coconut cream (separated from liquid of coconut milk)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Big Tree Farms coconut nectar
- vanilla, dash salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Begin by making the crust. In a food processor, process the dry ingredients until a fine crumb is achieved. Add the coconut oil and nectar and process again until it comes together and becomes sticky. If you pinch the mixture it should hold together.
- Use a spring-form pan or place parchment paper into a 8″x 8″ square baking dish, letting it hang over the sides a few inches so you can lift it out later. Press nut mixture into the bottom in an even layer. Put it the freezer to chill.
- In a blender, put all filling ingredients. Blend 1-3 minutes until completely creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Add a little water if needed to make it totally smooth. Pour over crust and freeze.
- Melt coconut oil and whisk in cacao powder first followed by other ingredients. Spread over chilled or frozen filling/crust.
- Freeze for at least an hour; let warm a little bit at room temperature and serve to your loved one!
We'd love to hear how YOUR recipe turned out and how you may have "tweaked" it to your liking!!
Leave a comment